Ulefone Armor X7 Pro, Android 10 Rugged Mobile phone, 4GB+32GB, 5.0 Inch HD, 4000 mAh Battery, NFC, OTG, Face Unlock and Fingerprint, Dual SIM, 13MP+5MP Dual Camera,Waterproof Outdoor 4G Phone-Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Welcome to today’s blog – the Ulefone Armor X7 Pro Review. The Ulefone Armor X7 Pro is a rugged smartphone that is capable of being used in the most arduous of conditions. It has an IP rating of IP68, meaning it can be submersed under 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes, is fully dust resistant, and can withstand a standard 1.2m drop with no ill effects. Suitable for use by those on building sites or for outdoor pursuits, or simply for those who are worried that a standard smart phone is just not rugged enough for their requirements.
- ✨【Android 11 System+ Rugged Fuction】 As a 4G rugged smartphone that everyone can use. It is not only shockproof & waterproof & dustproof, but also support latest android 11 System-wide theme, offers more features than before, more smooth than before.
- ✨【5.5 inch HD Display + Dual Camera】Armor X9 SIM free triple-proof android phone comes with 5.5 inch HD notch screen which is more portable to use, Meanwhile, it equips with 13MP+2MP dual camera, enables you to freeze every memorable moments wherever you are. It also comes with dual rear flash, helps to brighten up the scene in low light condition.
- ✨【Underwater Mode + Customized Button】The underwater mode is an innovation of our brand. You can take marvelous photos underwater when you are in holiday, or enjoy your comfortable shower while watching great movies, TV shows or others programs. Not enough, you even set the customized button to quick access some applications. It is super convenient
- ✨【OTG&NFC + 3GB RAM &32GB ROM】On-the-Go, you can directly connect your phone to a USB flash drive, card reader, MP3, keyboard, digital camera and other external devices without a computer for data transmission, input operations, or charging functions. At the same time,we also suppor NFC,which you can pay more convient. 3GB RAM&32GB ROM expansion supported 256GB, make sure a smooth apps operation
- ✨【5000mAh Big Battery + Customized Key on Left】A 5000mAh big battery in this rugged mobile phone will stands by your side for 430 hours and talks for 13 hours. You could set the button quick access as you want. And, make your Armor X9 as an essential tool for outdoor activities.
The phone is coated in a black rubberised material with yellow high visibility accents that complement its intended use as a rugged worksite type device. The device is supplied with a USB charging cable with a generous length of 100cm, a mains charger (something that is unfortunately lacking with most devices these days), a screen protector and fitting kit, a sling, and a quick start guide. This is a very comprehensive selection, especially at the current price point.
The phone has a MediaTek 6761 octa-core processor with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded via a micro-SD card if required. This specification gives a decent and smooth performance for most everyday tasks such as general browsing, emails, social media and the use of the myriad Android apps, including the capability for some basic gaming.
The battery has a capacity of 4000mAh which is better than the average smartphone. When you consider that the manufacturer has used a very energy efficient processor and a smaller than average screen its clear to see that this device will outlast most of the competition, and its not unusual for this device to last up to 2 days without requiring a charge with moderate use. This is especially beneficial for its intended audience as many construction workers often spend the whole day away from a charging source, as do adventure seekers.
The Ulefone Armor X7 Pro has a full range of connectivity features including dual sim slots, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC for contactless payments and quick pairing. For security it features a fingerprint sensor and face recognition. The device runs on the latest Android 10, and the manufacturer states that future operating system upgradeability and security patching is guaranteed. The phone has the full Android experience including access to the Play store. It is fully unlocked and compatible with all current UK service providers.
As this device is likely to be used in circumstances where photos are required (building sites / adventure sports etc), it features a rear mounted 13-megapixel camera with a dual flash and a front mounted 5-megapixel camera for communication. The compact dimensions of the device mean that it can be used one-handed. The phone also features an underwater photography mode which utilises various digital enhancements and the twin flash units to provide excellent results.
The display is smaller than most recent phones at just 5 inches and has a low resolution by today’s standards, however its perfectly usable both for browsing and for viewing videos and one must consider its intended use as primarily a rugged device. It is sufficiently capable and has a good brightness and viewing angles, although it is not the best in direct sunlight and can be hard to see. The touchscreen may suffer from responsiveness issues. Several users report that it can be both unresponsive and too sensitive and can activate when not required although this can probably be avoided by changing set-up options. There are also reports that the fingerprint sensor is not very reliable with many users resorting to turning it off and using a passcode instead.
The side of the phone has a “quick access” button, which can be customised to perform a multitude of functions, including to operate the camera. Other nice features include a full suite of outdoor tools such as a spirit level, compass, maps and GPS. There is a standard 3.5mm headphone socket and sound output is good.
If you are in the market for a mid-range rugged smart phone with excellent battery life and an affordable price tag, then this is one to shortlist.
If you enjoyed this Ulefone Armor X7 Pro Review and are interested in other Ulefone products you might like to read our ULEFONE NOTE 9P REVIEW.