When it comes to budget smartphones, design & build quality are two areas where most companies cut corners, and Ulefone Note 9P is no exception. We think that this phone is great value for money – enjoy our Ulefone Note 9P Review.
Table of Contents
Design & Build Quality
The company has surely cut some corners here, but it has made some interesting design choices, which gives the Ulefone Note 9P a good look.
As expected, this smartphone comes with a plastic build, but the back of the Ulefone Note 9P comes with a nice shiny carbon fiber finish. Also, it has a gradient that gives the smartphone a very distinct look. The overall design is not out of the box, and design has the hints of popular smartphones from Samsung and OPPO, but it should not be a deal-breaker considering the price.
When it comes to build quality, this smartphone has good build quality. The biggest advantage of having a plastic back is that it’s not prone to damage as the glass ones, so even if you drop the phone, the chances are that it won’t get a crack, but we don’t recommend it. The overall build quality is good, and it’s sturdy enough to handle the minor drops.
One of the defining features of Ulefone Note 9P is its performance. It comes with the Mediatek Helio P22 processor, a very capable processor, and it can offer great performance when coupled with 4 GB RAM.
The smartphone is capable enough to run popular games such as PUBG Mobile and COD Mobile at low graphics. It can easily handle the games such as Clash of Clans and Clash Royale at decent graphics. Also, it comes with a 6.52 inches IPS LCD HD display, which you can use to consume the multimedia.
Ulefone Note 9P comes with only HD Display, which is disappointing as most smartphones these days come with an FHD display. However, it’s understandable why the company picked this display considering the price of the smartphone. The overall performance of Ulefone Note 9P is top-notch, and you will love it.
- ★【 Thinner Phone Body,Comfortable in The Hand, 3-Card Slot,Make Room for More:】 Ergonomic design provides Note 9P comfortable hand feeling and the thinner design enables easy single-handed use. Thanks to its 3-card slot design (Dual Nano SIM + TF card), the Note 9P can support up to 256GB extra memory, giving you more room for everything.
- ★【 Ultra-Large 6.52-inch Waterdrop Screen,An Eye-Catching Display: 】 A large 6.52-inch screen immerses you in the full glory of your visuals, whether you are binge-watching shows or playing games. Plus, Note 9P adopts 2.5D curved glass display, which offers a soft and smooth touch and also adds up to the aesthetics of the phone.
- ★【 16MP Triple Rear Camera, Triple The Lens, Triple The Impact: 】Note 9P features a triple camera system including 16MP primary lens, 5MP macro lens and a 2MP lens. 16MP main lens captures every last detail, bringing you crisp, clear photos. And HDR can help you take better-looking photos. (HDR,Pro Mode)
- ★【 Octa-Core Processor, Ready for Everything: 】Equipped with a12nm-class octa-core processor, Note 9P delivers a smooth gaming and viewing experience. With up to 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, you can use multiple apps simultaneously and save more pictures, songs, and apps.
- ★【 4500mAh Battery, Power Your Whole Day: 】Ulefone Note 9P's battery is powerful, the battery capacity is up to 4500mAh. It enables you to stream, game, chat and text for hours before having to recharge. Say goodbye to worry about running out of battery. Note 9P also supports OTG reverse charging, enables it to charge other devices in emergency. (300 Hours Standby Time )
The camera is another department where companies usually cut corners, and Ulefone has also cut corners here. Ulefone Note 9P comes with a triple camera setup where the main camera sensor is 16 Megapixel sensor with F/2.2 aperture. The secondary camera is a 5 Megapixel Macro sensor, and the third camera is 2 Megapixel Depth sensor.
This camera configuration is really good for photos in good lighting conditions. However, if you use it at night, the photos’ quality won’t be very good. You will notice the considerable softness in the photos, which is not good. However, it comes with the HDR mode, which you can use to take crisp photos. Apart from that, it also comes with AI Mode, HD Mode, and Beauty Modes.
We would also like to mention here that most smartphones in this price range offer almost the same performance. So, it should not be a deal-breaker. Overall, Ulefone Note 9P comes with a decent camera system that can take some pretty decent photos in the daylight.
Ulefone Note 9P comes with a 4500 mAh battery, which is a big battery, and it offers great performance. Under normal usage, you can easily get the 2-3 days of battery life on a single charge.
If you are a power user and consume a lot of multimedia, internet browsing, and play video games, it will offer you around 4-7 hours of screen-on time, which is really good. You can also push it further if you lower the brightness and close the unnecessary apps in the background.
The overall battery performance of Ulefone Note 9P is really good, and if you want a smartphone with great battery life, you can’t go wrong with Ulefone Note 9P.
Pros & Cons of Ulefone Note 9P
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of the Ulefone Note 9P.
- Solid Build Quality
- Decent Design
- HD IPS LCD Display
- Mediatek Helio P22 processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB Storage with expandable micro SD Card up to 256 GB
- The battery life of 2-3 days
- 16 MP Camera
- Great Value for Money
- Plastic Build
- HD Display
What is the Alternative?
I hope that you enjoyed this Ulefone Note 9P Review. If you are looking for an alternative, you can consider the Motorola Moto G8 Power Lite, which comes with almost similar specs.
- Long-lasting 5000 mAH battery- Go up to three full days on a single charge¹ with a massive 5000 mAh battery
- Ultra-responsive performance- Feel your phone respond to every touch, tap, and swipe
- 16 MP triple camera system- Capture sharper photos, incredible close-up shots, and beautiful portraits
- Ultra-wide Max Vision display- Bring movies, shows, and games to life on a huge 6.5" HD+ display
- 64 GB of storage- Carry tons of photos, songs, and videos and add even more with a dedicated 256 GB microSD card slot
However, the G8 Power Lite comes with Mediatek Helio G35 Processor, which is an advanced processor than the one which you get in Note 9P. It also comes with a 5000 mAh battery, which offers almost the same performance, and you get 3 days of use on a single charge. Overall, the Motorola Moto G8 Power Lite is a great smartphone, and is also a good model to consider.