Despite the low price point, there are plenty of smartwatches available in this price segment, mainly with offerings from relatively unknown firms although there are some from known brands. The units featured here will all track your fitness and provide notifications, although they will not be as feature rich as some of the higher priced options. Before deciding which is best for you, make a list of which features are essential, which are desirable, and which features you are not really concerned about. This will help narrow down the choices and provide more focus. All the models featured are able to communicate with both Android and Apple devices. We have included a range of different looks from sporty to contemporary so there should be something for everyone looking for a device in this price range.
What is the Best Smartwatch under £100?
Fitbit Inspire 2
- Battery Life: Up to 10 days
- Compatibility: Compatible with iOS 12.2 or higher & Android OS 7.0 or higher
- Free Fitbit Premium Trial: Your Inspire 2 tracker unlocks a free 1-year Fitbit Premium trial complete with step-by-step fitness & nutrition programmes, personalised insights & motivation, sleep tools and more.Free 1-year Fitbit Premium trial gives you personalised guidance, insights and motivation to help you reach your goals.*
- Active Zone Minutes: This feature alerts you to which heart rate zone you’re in so you can see if you’re working hard enough to reach your goals.
- 24/7 Heart Rate: Use 24/7 heart rate to better track calorie burn, optimise workouts and uncover personalised health trends that inspire you to make moves on your health and fitness goals.
The Fitbit Inspire 2 is a fully featured device that offers up to 10 days battery life on a single charge. When used in conjunction with its IOS / Android app it has all day activity tracking, the ability to monitor heart rates 24/7, tools to monitor and improve sleep quality, and an indication of the number of activity minutes.
The heart rate monitor alerts you which heart rate zone you are in so you can determine the effectiveness of any activity and can help quantify calorie consumption and optimize workouts. Steps, distance and calories burned are tracked. The sleep stage monitor tracks how much time is spent in deep and REM sleep and provides a “sleep score” to help you understand your sleep quality and make improvements if required.
This model is currently available with a free 1-year Fitbit Premium trial which provides additional tools and long-term data logging options in the app. This smartwatch is available in a range of colours and is a compact design, the screen is touch sensitive but not colour and this is the main way of controlling the device. This smartwatch does not have the ability to download additional apps or store music.
This unit is well made, has an accurate heartrate monitor and syncs well with phones with a good haptic feedback when receiving notifications. Due to the shape of the watch and the rubber strap this watch has moderate ergonomics, however the comfort is acceptable. Some users have reported that the step counter is inaccurate and slight discomfort due to the shape of the watch and the material the strap is made of.
Huawei Band 4 Smart Band
- 【0.96" COLOR TOUCHSCREEN】HUAWEI Band 4 smart band activity tracker comes with 0.96" TFT color screen. The 2.5D display offers you with the stunning visual experience, engaging interface and smart message notification
- 【CREATIVE BUILT-IN USB CHARGING】Free you from different cables and chargers. The built-in USB plug of HUAWEI Band 4 fits in general USB chargers so you charge it anywhere and anytime. 2 A single charge powers the band with more than 6 days of usage time
- 【SMART HEART RATE TRACKING】Thanks to the professional optical devices, processing chips and AI algorithm, the HUAWEI TruSeenTM 3.5 monitors your heart rate with accuracy. It also provides intelligent reminders via vibrations if your heart rate exceeds the maximum average heart rate4. In the night mode, the invisible light ensures less distraction for your better sleep.
- 【MULTIPLE NEW WATCH FACES】HUAWEI Watch Face Store offers various watch faces for your HUAWEI Band 4 in different styles of sports, cartoon, intelligence and hi-technology for your selection. The style changes with your mood
- 【MULTIPLE WORKOUT MODES】HUAWEI Band 4 smart band activity tracker has 9 sports modes: outdoor /Indoor run, outdoor/Indoor walk outdoor/Indoor cycle , Elliptical , Rower , Free Training. Multiple modes meet your multiple needs
Available at an incredibly competitive price, the Huawei Band 4 fitness and activity tracker offers up to 9 days battery life on a single charge (up to 6 days with heart-rate monitoring and sleep tracking enabled). When used in conjunction with its Android app it has all day activity tracking with a choice if workout options, the ability to monitor heart rates 24/7, tools to monitor and improve sleep quality, and an indication of the number of activity minutes.
This model features a colour screen with a decent resolution given its size and the ability to download different watch faces from the Huawei store. This watch is waterproof to 5 ATM and is available in a range of colours. The shape and design are similar to the Fitbit Inspire 2 and it shares many of the same features with some added quirks of its own. An innovative feature is the charging mechanism – one of the straps can be removed to expose a USB plug which can be plugged directly into any USB socket meaning that this smartwatch can basically be charged anywhere. The sleep tracker can analyze the four phases of sleep and identify multiple sleep problems and make suggestions for improvement.
Users report that this smartwatch is easy to connect to an Android device and syncs consistently and they are impressed by the range of features given the extremely low cost. A small number of users have reported charging issues.
Willful Smart Watch 1.3”
Another excellently priced, if somewhat unknown option, the Willful Smart Watch 1.3” is unashamedly designed to look like an Apple iWatch. This device offers up to 7 days battery life on a single charge (less with heart-rate monitoring and sleep tracking enabled). When used in conjunction with its VeryFitPro Android or IOS app it has all day activity tracking with a choice of workout options, the ability to monitor heart rates 24/7, tools to monitor and improve sleep quality, and an indication of the number of activity minutes. It can also control music playback and has a breathing guide like that on the iWatch.
This model has a colour screen with a reasonable resolution and is controlled via a smart dial and touch screen. Users report that it is easy to charge and use, connects to their phones consistently and has decent battery life. They are impressed with the range of sports tracking options available. Some users have commented that the screen is not clear in bright sunlight and that the device is not the most accurate for activity monitoring.
Umidigi Uwatch 2S
- 【Fashionable Smart Watch for Men Women Kids】 Umidigi Uwatch 2S is consist of lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum frame and 1.3 inch square touch display, providing you with a wonderful visual experience. Build-in customized watch faces with more than 100 wallpapers, heart rate monitor, sleep monitor, step counter, and calorie counter, remote control of music and cameras, heart rate monitor, menstrual cycle calculation for women, bringing multiple practical functions to help you keep healthy.
- 【14 Sport Modes Fitness tracker】 Uwatch 2S sports watch can count your steps, calories burned and kilometers traveled. The screen can be read easily outdoors for its adjustable brightness. This smartwatch supports data monitoring of 14 sports activities and records your workouts on the Da Fit App, which can offer you a complete guide during training to help you crush your fitness goals.
- 【SNS Messages Notification】 Every time you receive a notification, like a Call, SMS, APP message (Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Skype...), it vibrates to alert you to avoid missing any important news. In addition, it offers sedentary reminder, alarm clock, stopwatch, find phone, call rejection, weather forecast and so on.
- 【Long Battery Life & 5 ATM Waterproof Grade】 Battery life of the smart bracelet can last up to 15 days after fully charged (about 2.5 hours). Uwatch 2S passed 5 ATM waterproof grade test, which is better than IP68 in water resistance. You can wear it when washing hands, in the rain and swimming. (notice: Do Not use in water more than 38 °C, such as showers, saunas, etc).(Note: Please use our original charging data cable)
- 【Smartwatch for Android Apple】 The fitness tracker is compatible with most smartphones with Bluetooth 4.0 (or higher), iOS 8.0 (or higher) or Android 4.4 (or higher). Such as Samsung, iPhone, Huawei, Oneplus, Xiaomi, and so on. (not available for PC, iPad or tablet). Tips: Please connect with the smartphone via the App Da Fit.
This budget priced smartwatch, available in both black and gold options, has many positives – excellent 10-day battery life, good build quality, luxurious design, IP67 waterproof rating and a choice of a hundred customizable faces. This model is compatible with both Android and IOS phones.
The frame of the watch is made from lightweight aircraft grade aluminium with a 1.3” touchscreen with a good resolution. Features include 14 sports modes with step counter, distance travelled, calories burned, and fitness goal tracking. Both a heart rate monitor and sleep monitor are included together with a menstrual cycle calculator. The “Da Fit App” offer a complete fitness guide and data logging.
Smartphone integration includes call, SMS and app messaging notifications, including for Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and Instagram, among others. The remote-control feature can control the phone camera and music. Charging is wireless using the supplied adaptor and it takes roughly 2.5 hours for a full charge from empty.
User feedback is generally positive with many complimenting this device on its looks and range of features; however, some have noted that notification delivery is often temperamental, and others have experienced some battery charging issues.
Huawei Watch GT
- 1.39" AMOLED touchscreen and ultra slim smartwatch at 10.6mm thickness and durable for its ceramic bezel design, stainless steel shell and DLC coating. Connectivity: Wi-Fi: Not supported, Bluetooth: BT4.2, BLE
- Brings you around 2-week battery life with heart rate monitoring and GPS on thanks to the double chipset architecture and low energy consumption algorithm.
- HUAWEI Watch GT smart watch comes with 24/7 continuous heart rate tracking providing you a realtime heartrate measurement and monitoring your health all the day (pressure monitoring). Wrist coverage range 14 ~ 21 cm
- This HUAWEI smart watch is equipped with 3-satellite (GPS+GLONASS+GALILEO) positioning system worldwide to offer you a more accurate locating and tracking for all places.
- Compatible with iOS/Android
This offering from Huawei is a more fully featured device than the Huawei Smart Band, with a traditional watch look with analogue effect watch faces that would not look too much out of place as a dress watch as well as an activity tracker.
The watch has a 1.39” AMOLED touch screen that is bright and has a good resolution and clarity even in direct sunlight. The bezel is ceramic, and it has a stainless-steel shell with DLC coating. The strap is rubber but of a standard size so it can be replaced with a metal strap if required.
One of the highlights of this device is the exceptional battery life – it can go for up to 2 weeks on a single charge with both the heart rate monitor and GPS turned on. In addition to these features this model offers 24/7 continuous heart rate monitoring with full VO2 MAX estimation, worldwide location tracking, sleep monitoring and multiple activity tracking options with data logging via the Android or IOS app. The watch is water resistant to 50m and rugged which makes it ideal for use for trekking especially when you consider the advanced GPS / GLONASS / GALILEO satellite tracking support and altimeter. The app offers personal coaching to help you achieve your goals and for swimmers it automatically provides a SWOLF score on completion of your swim.
Users report that the device works well with excellent battery life and a good app, although some mention that it is slightly on the large side and some have experienced problems with firmware updates. The range of faces available in the app is limited.
Xiaomi Mi Band 5
- 1.1 inch (2.79 cm) full AMOLED touch colour display
- 5 ATM water resistance
- Bluetooth 5.0 BLE compatible from Android 4.4 / iOS 10.0
- Active and sleep ysis available in the Mi Wear Lite app
- Up to 14 days of battery life (125 mAh)
Exceptionally well-priced, the Xiaomi Mi Band 5 fitness watch is supplied in a range of attractive colours and offers up to 10 days battery life on a single charge. When used in conjunction with its app it has all day activity tracking with a choice of 11 workout options, the ability to monitor heart rates 24/7, tools to monitor and improve sleep quality including the ability to compare your results with other users., and an indication of the number of activity minutes. It also features GPS location tracking (which uses the GPS feature on your phone) and the ability to control music playback and view a weather forecast.
This model features a colour screen with a decent resolution given its size and is clearly visible even in sunlight. Below the screen there is a capacitive button to wake the display. There is a customizable choice of faces available including animated options which can be downloaded from the Mi Fit app. This watch is waterproof to 5Om and is light and comfortable to wear. Charging is via a magnetic charging cable which fits directly into the back of the device.
Users report that this smartwatch is easy to connect to an Android device and syncs consistently and they are impressed by the range of features given the extremely low cost. Most impressive is the accuracy which is on a par with units costing far more. The app is very feature rich and can seem a bit cluttered so it may pay off to spend some time getting familiar with the range of functions.
Withings Unisex Move Activity Tracker
- 24/7 SEAMLESS TRACKING - Automatic walk, run, swim, bike and 10+ activities recognized. Plus calories burned and distance.
- SLEEP TRACKING - wake to a Sleep Score based on light and deep sleep cycles, interruptions, depth and regularity, Smart Wake-Up with a silent alarm
- CONNECTED GPS - press the side button to launch a workout session and map your route with distance, elevation and pace.
- AUTOMATIC SYNCHRONIZATION - Visualize trends and data on your smartphone with the free Health Mate app (iOS and Android️)
- GOES THE DISTANCE - Up to 18 month battery life and water resistant up to 50 M
The Withings Move Activity Tracker is a little different to standard smartwatches in that its display is a fully traditional analogue one and all smart features are controlled and viewable on various apps including its own Health Mate app which is available for Android and IOS.
If the thought of having to charge your watch regularly is an issue, then this could be the solution as it has a standard watch battery (CR2430) which lasts 18 months so no charging is required and is replaceable although specialist tools may be required to open the back. The case is plastic with a stainless-steel back and strong mineral glass for the face and it is fitted with a silicone strap. Available in a range of colours there are also options with leather straps and metal casings at a slightly higher cost. It is stylish in a traditional sense and can be used in the office without looking out of place.
The onboard storage can store five days of data, although with the creation of a free Withings account you get unlimited online storage. Features include the ability to track steps, distance, calories, sleep metrics (duration of deep sleep and light sleep phases and any interruptions). Sport options are limited to running, swimming, and walking so it is not as feature rich as some other options. Due to the absence of any openings such as charging ports this watch is waterproof to 50m. The app uses phone GPS features to track journeys and has map integration with elevation and other data. The app has a coaching feature to help you achieve any goals together with personalised recommendations and advice.
Due to the nature of this watch, there is no customisation of features of faces available – what you see is what you are stuck with. Users report that the watch fulfils its objective of being a traditional looking device that does not require charging; however, the build quality is questionable, and some have experienced scratched faces.
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about Best Smart Watch Under 500