If you are a blogger, photography is really important to your hobby or business. The problem, though with DSLRs is that they can be extremely big and bulky – a pain in the ass to travel with. Therefore it’s better to have a more compact camera. Join us today on our search for the best camera for bloggers. We hunt down the most compact, easy to use and best lenses and features.
Table of Contents
1. Nikon B500
Coolpix Digital Compact Camera – Red
A camera for a blogger should be easy to use, versatile and compact – and you don’t necessarily need a cutting-edge professional camera. That’s exactly what the Nikon B500 is.
It has 16 megapixels of quality, 7.4 fps of continuous shooting, 40x optical zoom, and has a built-in wireless function, so you can connect your new camera straight to your phone or laptop, wherever your work needs to be. It has approximately 1,240 shots per charge, so you can take this camera out and about with no trouble.
It also comes in Black, Red, and Plum, and with the option to buy with a tripod.
2. Canon EOS 4000D
DSLR Camera and EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 III Lens
- Take beautiful photos and movies with background blur
- Easily connect, shoot and share on the move
- Express your creativity with easy to follow guidance
- Explore the power of DSLR and interchangeable lenses
- EOS 4000D body, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III, Eyecup Ef, Camera Cover R-F-3, Camera strap EW-400D, Battery Pack LP-E10, Battery Charger LC-E10E
For a DSLR, the Canon EOS 4000D is relatively good value for money at £305. And being an Amazon’s Choice, but more importantly, the number one Best Seller in Digital SLR Cameras on Amazon, you can’t go wrong with this.
It has an 18-megapixel resolution and a precise autofocus, so you can capture amazing shots anywhere, be that in a restaurant or the great outdoors. It also connects to wi-fi, so you can easily and quickly transfer photos. This is without a doubt one of the best cameras for bloggers you can get.
3. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III
Digital Camera – Vlogging Camera, with 4K movies, tilt-up screen and 3.5mm mic connection, perfect for vloggers, YouTube content creators and bloggers.
- Create captivating video with 4K clarity and fast frame rate up to 120 fps for smoother, more detailed slow-motion; a mic connection lets you record crystal clear audio
- An intuitive touchscreen flips up to make vlogs and selfies a breeze and built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth ensure you're connected to your smartphone to make sharing content online easy
- 20.1 megapixel 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor coupled with a fast DIGIC 8 processor lets you capture superb photos up to 30fps - even when shooting RAW files
- Maximise your frame with 24 mm f/1.8-2.8 wide angle lens and 4.2x optical zoom
- Connect to a network and stream live to your YouTube channel*** or turn this camera into a webcam for video calls by downloading the FREE Canon EOS Webcam Utility Software
The Mark II was an extremely popular model, and the Mark III of this Powershot has built on that. This model has been designed for visual bloggers and video creators, so you can be assured of an impressive 4K clarity and fast frame rates of up to 120 fps.
It’s lightweight, so you’ll be able to fit this camera into your pocket, but it’s powerful enough that it can support any photo. It has smartphone connectivity too, and connects to the Canon Camera Connect app, so you can snap and film yourself from afar.
4. Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV
Micro Four Thirds System Camera Kit, 20 MP sensor, electronic viewfinder, 4K video, powerful AF, Wi-Fi, silver incl. M.Zuiko Digital ED 14‑42mm F3.5‑5.6 EZ Pancake silver
- Ultra compact and lighter than any previous OM-D camera
- The first OM-D with flip-down touchscreen for easy to shoot selfies and integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to share valuable moments instantly with family and friends
- 5-Axis Image Stabilization, a high-resolution 20 megapixel sensor and the Truepic VIII processor for professional images
- Dedicated smartphone app, which also provides new content to help learn photography techniques
- 4K video shooting and various Art Filters support your creativity
With an ultra-lightweight body and a 20-megapixel sensor, this camera is already off to a strong start. A very new model on the market, the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is already raking in stellar reviews. It has five-axis image stabilisation, and a Truepic VIII processor capable of producing the most high-quality images, even if you don’t have a steady hand or the lighting is a bit off.
If you’re interested in video blogging, then it has 4k video resolution producing 1080p video – and if you’re interested in quick snaps, the smartphone app means you can upload photos straight away.
5. Canon EOS Rebel T7i Digital Camera
- 242 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor Multimedia cards (MMC) cannot be used
- Built-in Wi-Fi*, NFC** and Bluetooth***
- High-Speed continuous shooting at up to 60 fps
- Color Filter System:RGB primary color filtersColor Filter System:RGB primary color filters
Compact and extremely high quality, this is one of the best cameras for bloggers that you can buy. It has a stunning 24.2-megapixel quality, so you can be assured of taking the most clear and vibrant photos. Being compact makes it ideal for carrying around, and it’s light enough that you don’t need to set it up – just point and click. This is the best camera for bloggers who move around a lot, but still want to capture perfect photos, and with built-in wi-fi, you can upload them anywhere at any time.
6. Sony Alpha 6500
APS-C Mirrorless Camera (Fast 0.05s Autofocus, 24.2 Megapixels, 5-axis in-body optical image stabilisation, 4K Movie Recording)
- FAST AND PRECISE AUTOFOCUS: Rely on 0.05s Autofocus speed and Eye AF to keep your subject sharp in any situation
- BREATHTAKING IMAGE QUALITY: 24 MP paired with high ISO capabilities to deliver outstanding images even in low light
- NEVER MISS A MOMENT: Up to 8 fps with Autofocus
- PERFECT FOR VIDEO CREATORS: High resolution 4K movie recording and full HD slow motion feature (120p) with autofocus
- STEADY SHOOTING: 5-axis optical image stabilisation for stills and movies to compensate camera shakes
In looking for the best camera for bloggers, you may come across this: the Sony Alpha 6500. For a mirrorless camera, this is extremely high-quality, delivering 24-megapixel quality, all packed within a neat palm-sized body. It has the world’s fastest AF speed, of 0.05 seconds, five-axis stabilisation, capacity for multiple lenses, as well as 4k and slow and quick-motion video. This camera can do everything, and due to its size, there’s nowhere this camera can’t go.
The Sony Alpha 6500 is one to consider, and although slightly higher priced, the performance and reviews are undeniable.
7. Canon SX530 HS PowerShot
Point and Shoot Digital Camera (16 MP, 50x Zoom, Wi-Fi, 3-inch LCD) – Black
- Zoom in 50x on distant detail or capture stunning landscapes
- Sharp results in your photos and movies with Intelligent IS
- Connect using Wi-Fi with NFC and enjoy remote shooting via smartphone
- Easily keep your subject in the frame with Zoom Framing Assist
- Shoot stunning images in any light with 16.0 MP CMOS and HS System
Canon is consistent with producing diverse and versatile cameras, and the Canon SX530 is a great example of one of the best cameras for bloggers. Many bloggers will want a camera that is quick and easy to use, that they can simply point and shoot with.
It has a whopping 50x zoom, remote shooting via a smartphone, and zoom framing assist to help you get the shot you want. If you’re new to blogging and photography or are on a budget (this model is currently £182.10) then look no further than this camera.
8. Kodak Pixpro AZ422
Astro Zoom Bridge Camera – Black
- Bridge camera
- Zoom Optique 42X
- Digital zoom: 4X
- Screen size: 7.62 cm
- Audio -Built-in microphone
For an even more good-value-for-money camera, the Kodak Pixpro is currently listed for £168.99, an absolutely incredible price for what you are buying. This camera is lightweight and compact, weighing just 444 grams, and has an astounding 42x optical zoom. It has a bright three-inch LCD screen, with optical image stabilisation.
It also has a respectable 16-megapixel quality, and can create HD videos. For a camera that is a third of the price of some cameras even on this list, it is hard to fault any of the features. This is for the bloggers that just want to grab a fantastic camera and go.
9. Sony ILCE6000B
Compact System Camera Body (Fast Auto Focus, 24.3 MP, Electronic View Finder, Wi-Fi and NFC) – Black
- Sony's 24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor; Fast Hybrid Autofocus system; SVGA Tru-Finder.
- 24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus system
- Sharp SVGA Tru-Finder OLED viewfinder
- Sony's 24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor; Fast Hybrid Autofocus system; SVGA Tru-Finder.
This camera from Sony is one of the best cameras for bloggers due to its compact nature and high quality. It has 24.3-megapixel quality, a fast hybrid autofocus system, 11 fps burst mode, and a range of other features. It also comes with a variety of extras on Amazon – you can order this with extended lenses, rechargeable batteries, and with a case. This is an extremely versatile choice and depending on what sort of blogger you are, you can tailor this camera to your specific needs. It’s a nice 285g as well, so you’ll barely notice the weight.
10. Olympus PEN E-PL9
Micro Four Thirds System Camera (16.1 Megapixel, Image Stabilisation, Electronic Viewfinder, 4K Video, Wi-Fi) + M.Zuiko 14-42 mm EZ Zoom Lens, White/Silver
- The built-in image stabilizer guarantees sharp photos and videos in every shooting situation
- Ideal photo results even in difficult lighting conditions thanks to built-in flash
- Breathtaking video recordings thanks to video function in 4k
- Smart Auto Mode allows the camera to quickly detect faces, backgrounds and motion and automatically select the right settings
- By folding out the touch screen, the camera automatically switches to the self-service function and shoots ideal selfies with the e-Portrait function
An extremely fashionable option, this Olympus camera is a fine choice for any social blogger. Inside a smooth, classic design with leather-feel components, it flaunts 17.2 megapixels and a three-axis image stabilisation system, so you’ll have no trouble taking incredible photos.
It also has a fold-out touchscreen, so you can capture that ideal selfie, and an Instant Film filter, to get that retro, timeless look on your photos. With built-in wi-fi, and the Share Order function, your photos will automatically upload to your phone when you turn the camera off. This is for the blogger with a huge social life, online and off.
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about Blink Mini Compact Camera Review