In this blog we will be looking at cameras you can get for under £200 which is a great price. As the years go by, the latest cameras are released causing previous versions/models to go down in price. At this time, there are many cameras that we can get our hands onto including waterproof, digital and film cameras. No matter when the camera was made, good recommendations will be provided to ensure you can get a fantastic camera. Here are some great cameras that will give a decent quality for under £200.
Table of Contents
Canon Ixus 265 HS
- Get the quality your memories deserve with 16 MP HS System
- Fit everyone in the frame with the ultra-wide angle or zoom in to distant subjects using the powerful optical zoom and ZoomPlus
- Wi-Fi and NFC for easy connection to your smartphone and for sharing on social networks
- No more blurred photos and movies thanks to Image Stabilizer and Intelligent IS
- Creative Shot effortlessly adds artistic twists to shots
Firstly, we will be starting with one of the cheaper cameras which can be bought for an incredible £67. This is an amazing product which has necessary features to compete with different companies of the lower end of DSLR cameras. With the 16 MP system and the ultra-wide-angle lens, this camera will fit everyone in frame and output good quality. Due to smart auto, there is no need to change settings so you can just be on the go taking some great photos for your memories.
Nikon COOLPIX L610 Compact Digital Camera
Next is the Nikon Coolpix L610 which consists of special features including voice and video recording. If you want to make videos as well as take pictures, this camera would be better option. For £199.99, this camera has a 16MP, 14X optical zoom and some other interesting features like 19 different shooting modes for filming. Along with this is a wide viewing angle of 7.5 cm, bright adjustment, and anti-reflection coating. No matter where you are, inside or out, this camera will perform wonderfully.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ10EB-W 16 MP 12x Optical Zoom Compact Digital Camera
- 180 degrees tilting LCD for self shooting
- Delivers the speed and capacity you need to capture 4K ultra HD video
- Up to 40 MB/s write speeds for faster shot to shot performance
- Up to 90 MB/s for faster transfer
This 16MP and 12X optical zoom camera is a £100! It is extremely lightweight and can be taken anywhere. There is also a unique selfie setting and Wi-Fi is built in so no cable is needed. For £100 these features are pretty good if you are on a budget. Videos can also be recorded in good quality of 1280 x 720p. Anyone who is new to filming or is trying to start a YouTube channel, this camera is recommended. A lot of people have shaky hands which can affect pictures and videos but with image stabiliser this will not happen.
Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom
This insane camera is a 2 in 1! It can be a smartphone as well as a camera. Straight off the bat, an advantage is you do not need to take a phone and a smartphone with you! There are only a few phones that have optical zoom, and this is one of them with 10X. This lens is a fully retractable of 24mm with pretty good image stabilisation. With the Xenon flash, clean and satisfying pictures will be produced, whether inside or outside.
Canon Powershot SX430 20MP 45x Zoom Bridge Camera – Black
As an owner of this camera 2 years ago, for £200 it’s perfect. With 45X optical zoom you can record perfect videos and take amazing pictures. The zoom can be changed by pressing the buttons. This camera is extremely easy to use and with the big screen it makes it even better. Additional features include image stabilisation, Automatic face detection and a shutter speed of 1/4000 to 15 seconds. I was out of this world when I bought this camera and still remember this day. If you are serious about videos, check this one out!
Sony DSCW800B.CEH Digital Compact Camera
- Super HAD CCD 20.1 MP sensor
- Sony lens with 5x optical zoom
- HD video capability for enhanced videos and pictures
- Sensor type:1/2.3 type (7.76 millimeter)Super HAD CCD
This camera is in the cheaper range which has a value of £70. For the price, the features and specifications are not bad. These cameras are of the cheapest from Sony. The optical zoom is only 5X, however there is 20mp sensor. Although the camera is quite basic, the ease of use is good. Anybody could use this camera. There is a tripod area that can be fitted under the £70 camera which I can’t complain about. There are some pretty good features for the value of money. Picture quality is outstanding with the flash on but reduces a bit in the dark which would make sense.
Sony Cyber-SHOT DSC-W830
- Enclosure Colour:Pink
- Optical Sensor Type:Super HAD CCD
- Product Type:Digital camera - compact
- Optical Zoom:8 x
- Effective Sensor Resolution:20,100,000 pixels
The Sony Cyber-SHOT DSC-W830 comes in at a reasonable price of £150 for black, £132 for silver and £137 for red. This is a budget camera with 20MP sensor and 8x optical zoom. A good feature of this camera is that it has 360 panoramic shooting as well as 720p video recording. This camera is light to works well with portability. The face detection focus feature is also included which is what makes this camera much better. The screen is also 2.7 inches and is available in a few colours – black, silver, pink and purple.
Canon IXUS 185 Digital Camera
- Easy, slim IXUS you can keep in your pocket.Shutter Speed:1 - 1/2000sec,15 - 1sec.(in Long Shutter mode)
- Brilliant results for all your best memories
- Just point and shoot for beautifully easy results
- Have fun with easy creative modes
- Wrist Strap, Battery Pack NB-11L, Battery Charger CB-2LFE, AC Cable, User Manual Kit
This camera is also a budget camera only costing £119. This product is portable, simply to use, has 8x optical zoom, 16x zoom plus as well as 720 HD movies. The images come out in a good quality when in light. When light is reduced, the quality goes down a bit but for the price it’s pretty good. These cameras are designed for beginners and is quite popular, especially today.
Kodak PixPro AZ421 16MP 42x Zoom Bridge Camera
- 42X Optical Zoom
- 24mm Wide Angle
- 16 Megapixels
- Li-ion Battery
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, AC Adapter, USB Cable, Neck Strap, Lens Cover, CD-ROM, Service Card, Quick Start Guide, Warranty
Another camera which is a bit more expensive than the others is the Kodak PixPro AZ421. There is a 42X zoom camera along with red eye reduction, smile detection, Image stabilisation and has a shutter speed of 1/2000 to 30 seconds. The reviews are always outstanding with this camera and never fails to impress. The price is on the mid-range of £100 – £200 but I think the price is reasonable. This is the perfect general use camera to purchase, and anybody can use it as it’s very easy to use.
Sony Cybershot HX60 20MP 30x Zoom Compact Digital Camera
- A 20.4MP Exmor R CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X engine for superb detail and noise reduction
- Sony G Lens with 30x optical/60x clear image zoom
- Keep subjects in focus with lock-on autofocus
- PlayMemories Camera apps expands creativity
If you want a bit of better quality and ‘smoothness’, then this camera is for you. It comes at £199.99 but it worth every penny. Features include 20.4 MP sensor, 30x optical zoom, wide angle lens, face detection of up to 8 people at a time, Image stabilisation, Image reduction as well as a unique feature called Intelligent Scene Mode. This automatic mode will adjust the setting accordingly for the perfect shot that you need for photos or videos.
GoPro HERO7 CHDHC-601-RW Action Camera
- Capture 4K videos that are as stunning as the moment itself. You can also shoot time-lapse videos to turn a long activity into a brief moment to share
- Share experiences you can't capture with your phone. HERO7 Silver is compact, resistant and perfectly waterproof, ideal to follow you on all your adventures
- HERO7 Silver takes stunning 10MP photos, even with extreme shots that mix high light and shadows. Its burst mode lets you get 15 photos in one second
- Stay in the moment. Control your HERO7 Silver hands-free with voice commands like “GoPro Take Photo” and “GoPro Record Video”
- HERO7 Silver Camera Built-in rechargeable battery The Frame Frame Curved adhesive mount Flat adhesive mount Attachment loop USB-C cable
If you are an up-and-coming video creator or have an interest in making videos more than photos, this camera is strong recommended. This waterproof camera is available for £199.99 with extremely smooth 4k video recording. This is very easy to use and has touch screen so you can start recording within seconds. Or if you are wanting to show off to your friends you could activate voice control and tell it to take a photo! Longer videos can also be shortened using time laps which also come in handy for content creators.
Nikon COOLPIX W150 Backpack Kit Flower
The Nikon Coolpix W150 Flower model is going for £150. This price is reasonable because it’s waterproof and can switch through recording of 720p and 1080p HD recording. The settings are always automatically adjusted to the setting you are in to make sure you get the results you want to see. This camera never fails to impress and is liked a lot by others. An advantage of using this camera is that it’s shock proof of up to 6FT which is helpful and useful. For what this price is, I think that this product is amazing and would come in my top 4 out of this 12.
The best camera to go for would be the Canon Powershot SX430 20MP 45x Zoom Bridge Camera. This is because it’s a great camera for £200 and you might as well spend a bit more money for better quality. You can record picture perfect videos and take outstanding pictures. I have also used this camera when I had one and it was the best purchase for a camera I’ve made. The 45X is incredible and I’ve used it till the max and works well from far distances. Even for £200 this camera is brilliant and would 100% recommend to any beginner or intermediate as the simplicity and professionalism combined is extraordinary.
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about Best Cameras under £500