The Waterproof IP68 Fitness Tracker Watch is a relatively new product from Wsaman. It’s one of the most expensive examples of wearable technology! You can think of the watch as a hybrid between smartwatch and a fitness tracker. While it is not the most expensive smartwatch out there, it is somewhere on the list with a pricof the highest priced smart watched with a price tag of £4,999.00. To put that into perspective, you can buy a used Audi TTS or even a used yacht with that amount.
So, what makes the product so different and is it worth the price? We have reviewed the smartwatch for you so you can make your decision easier. Let’s start with the unboxing experience of the watch.
You won’t find anything special inside the box. The box comes with the smartwatch, 1 USB 2.0 charging cable and a user manual. The user manual also has a QR code that you can scan on your phone to download the official app for the watch. You will require the app to link the smartwatch with your phone and get statistics from it.
The unboxing experience isn’t anything extraordinary. The smartwatch doesn’t come with anything extra that you would expect, given its high price. For example, some smartwatches come with additional straps that you can use to change the look of your watch. Some other watches come with wireless chargers but more about that later. In our opinion, the unboxing experience can be better.
- [Smart Heart Rate Monitoring]The smart watch has a built-in PPG optical heart rate sensor, which can detect heart rate in real time. The high-precision sensor provides accurate measurement, allowing you to know your health status at any time and protect your heart
- [Thermometer on Wrist]The smart watch can also be used as a thermometer. The temperature accuracy is every 0.1°C. The body temperature data can be synchronized to the APP in real time. You can see the temperature changes anytime and anywhere, and you can effectively deal with the problems caused by temperature changes
- [HD Large Screen]The smart watch has a 1.3-inch touch screen, 2.5D curved glass, stylish square dial, very sensitive touch, allowing you to have a wider field of vision
- [Smart Reminder]The smart bracelet has real-time reminders of incoming calls and information. Important incoming calls can be reminded by vibration. You can view incoming calls as long as you raise your wrist. You will not miss any important calls. You can also receive social APP messages in time through APP. You can view messages without picking up your phone
- [5 Sports Modes]The smart bracelet has 5 built-in sports modes, Cycling, walking, outdoor running, indoor running, climbing mode. It can record your steps/distance/calorie consumption at any time, and monitor each of your sports for different sports modes. Movement data, accuracy rate up to 95%
Technical aspects of the ip68 Waterproof Smart Watch
The Waterproof IP68 Fitness Tracker Watch comes with a standard 1.3-inch screen. The smartwatch comes with Android and iOS compatibility, which means it can work with any modern smartphone nowadays. The smartwatch weighs about 50g which, although not as light as some Samsung smartwatches, is pretty standard for the functionality it provides. The smartwatch also comes in three colours, black, pink and grey.
As the name suggests, the smartwatch is IP68 waterproof rated. It is the same waterproof rating as many new Galaxy smartphones such as the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S20 devices. The rating means that the smartwatch is deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand. Furthermore, the watch can be submerged underwater up to a depth of 1.5m for up to 30 minutes.
Similarly, the battery size of the watch is 220mAh. Although it is not the best battery size for a smartwatch, it doesn’t need that much juice. You can charge the smartwatch in about 2 hours to fully charge it. However, it can last anywhere between 2 to 10 days based on the usage. The charging method is through the USB 2.0 cable provided in the box.
So, you may be wondering, what can the smartwatch do? Like any fitness tracker watch, it has a built-in pedometer to count your steps. The smartwatch can also calculate the distance you travel and your calorie loss. It also gives you sedentary reminders to ensure you’re not sitting for too long. The watch also has five dedicated sports modes. It can provide you with 95% or more accurate result during cycling, walking, outdoor and indoor running, and climbing.
You can also use the watch as a thermometer as it comes with a very accurate body temperature detector out of the box. It also synchronizes all this information in real-time with your phone, thus, providing you with real-time statistics. Furthermore, the watch has an optical heart rate sensor that can accurately detect your heart rate. Apart from these, the smartwatch supports blood pressure measuring and sleep detection.
While all of the above functions relate to fitness tracking, the smartwatch can also provide you with other features not related to fitness. First of all, the watch comes with a smart bracelet that gives you real-time notifications for incoming calls and messages. Furthermore, it also supports notifications for other major social media apps.
The smartwatch also has other features. It has an alarm clock that you can set using the app on your phone. It also comes with a Smart Anti-lost feature that allows you to track your watch if needed. Similarly, it supports social media sharing on all major platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
If English isn’t your native language, you can also switch the interface to Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Russian and some other major languages.
There are some things that the smartwatch does right. These are:
- It’s fitness-oriented but does not miss out on other features.
- The battery timing of 2-10 days is spectacular despite the small battery size.
- The IP68 rating is a big plus.
- Real-time information sharing between your smartphone and smartwatch is seamless.
- You can choose from 5 different sport modes.
- The different measuring systems are very accurate.
- The user interface, although not the best, is straightforward.
The smartwatch isn’t exactly perfect, though. It may have some cons, as listed below.
- It may be difficult to justify the cost of the watch when there are other cheaper alternatives out there.
- You have to charge it using a cable. Other smartwatches have wireless charging.
- It comes with only a 64KB RAM and 512KB ROM.
- High price tag – overall we like the watch but don’t think it’s worth almost £5000!