Audio pro Add-On T3
- Extended battery life with playback time up to 30 hours
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity. Additional audio inputs for source connections
- 25 watts of power with advanced DSP processing
- Easy to use and portable!
- USB FOR CHARGING - Because the T3 has such good battery power, you can charge your smartphone by connecting it to the USB power supply port
The Swedish company Audio Pro has a long-standing heritage of producing speakers renowned for their sound quality and this model is no exception. Elegantly designed and with simple controls, it offers excellent clarity and deep bass that will enthuse Hi-Fi fans. The Add-On T3 has a leather carrying handle and up to 30 hours battery life (at half volume) with a maximum power output of 25W. It is a slightly bulky unit weighing 3Kg so is probably most suited for portability within the home or garden. Unfortunately, this model only features Bluetooth 4.0 and does not have any smart features or Alexa connectivity, nor does it have in-built microphones for use as a speakerphone – the emphasis here is purely on sound quality.
In addition to the Bluetooth connection, external devices can be connected via cable to the auxiliary port. This includes the ability to connect an echo dot or similar device to add smart functionality, although the portability will be lost. The internal battery can be used to charge a connected phone on the go if required. A mains adaptor is included, and the unit can be powered directly from the mains if required.
Users commend this model on its exceptional sound quality and bass output; however, some have commented that they have experience issues with the battery holding its charge.
- Incredible Sound Loved by 20 Million+ People
- Media Acclaimed: Tech Radar says Motion+ has "Excellent audio performance" and Best Product says "It's the best speaker $100 can buy".
- Hi-Res Audio: Anker Soundcore Motion+ Bluetooth speaker is equipped with stunning Hi-Res audio which is further enhanced by Qualcomm aptX for lossless music reproduction when streaming via Bluetooth.
- Huge Sound with Intense Bass: Packed with two ultra-high frequency tweeters, two neodymium woofers, and two passive radiators to fill every corner of your room with 30W of rich sound. Low frequencies are enhanced in real-time by our exclusive BassUpTM technology.
- Exceptional Depth and Clarity: Anker Soundcore Motion+ Bluetooth speaker has an ultra-wide frequency range that stretches from 50 Hz to 40 kHz and is paired with an advanced DSP to ensure all the details and idiosyncrasies of a song are faithfully reproduced.
Soundcore is an audio division of Anker and has built up quite a reputation for producing budget friendly speakers and headphones without compromising on features or quality. While they do not have the style or innovation of some of their rivals their equipment is a solid choice. The Soundcore Motion+ Bluetooth speaker has an output of 30W and is Hi-Res audio certified by Qualcomm. The battery life is rated at 12 hours and the speaker is splash resistant to IPX7 standards. A built-in microphone makes it suitable for use as a speakerphone and the unit weighs just over 1kg.
The driver array consists of two 40kHz ultra frequency tweeters, two neodymium woofers and a passive bass radiator. Together, these offer an exceptionally wide frequency range for incredible clarity. Two of these speakers can be connected for a wider field stereo effect. The Soundcore app allows customisation of the sound using its equaliser.
Users are impressed with the sound quality, although some have commented that it degrades at higher volume levels. The build quality is often commended; however, the rubberised coating attracts dirt and fingerprint marks.
Ultimate Ears Megaboom
- UE Megaboom is the 360° wireless bluetooth speaker that offers bold, immersive sound in every direction
- Ultimate Ears wireless speaker system with dual-performance drivers that pump out clear mids and vibrant highs
- Colourful acoustic skin with plasma coating makes the UE megaboom outdoor speakers water and stain resistant
- The portable speaker's 20-hours rechargeable battery gives you non-stop music
Ultimate Ears speakers are instantly recognisable due to their unique design and various options are available which share certain characteristics – they are fully waterproof, extremely rugged, and have excellent levels of bass.
Available in a range of colours and options, the Megaboom is a 360-degree speaker that fires out sound in every direction. It has a 20-hour battery life and is quick to recharge via micro-USB. Multiple units can be connected to create a stereo spatial effect. In addition to Bluetooth connectivity with a 30m range, this device has a 3.5mm auxiliary input and doubles as a speakerphone. There is also a basic app for connecting multiple units and firmware updates.
This speaker has gone through over 25 durability tests, including tumbles, button abuse, drop tests, and much more. As a rugged and waterproof speaker, this unit is best used outdoors or around a pool. Users report that the sound quality is good and that it is durable, although some have mentioned that the battery self-drains when not in use.
Bose SoundLink Revolve
- Deep, loud and immersive sound, with true 360-degree coverage
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 9 m
- Seamless aluminium body is durable and water resistant (IPX4)
- Enjoy up to 12 hours of playtime from a rechargeable, lithium-ion battery
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing with voice prompts; easily take calls and access Siri or Google Now
The Bose SoundLink is another 360-degree speaker with a deep, loud, and immersive sound profile. It weighs just 0.66kg and has a battery life of 12 hours. The body of the speaker is made of aluminium and it is splash resistant to IPX4. Bluetooth pairing includes voice prompts so you always know what is connected, and the built-in microphones mean that this unit can be used as a speakerphone. As seems to be the trend nowadays, two of these speakers can be paired together for stereo or party mode playback with an enhanced soundstage.
The top panel offers a full control panel including a voice input button for activating Siri or Google Assistant. In addition to the physical control buttons, the Bose Connect app offers extra functionality including the ability to switch between Bluetooth devices and pairing speakers together. For connection of non-Bluetooth devices there is an auxiliary input. Optional extras include a charging cradle, so you do not need to mess about with wires.
Users are overwhelmingly pleased, with many praising the design, sound clarity and volume, although a very small number have mentioned battery issues such as failure to charge. This is a stylish device that would look good in any setting and is easy to transport from room to room.
JBL Charge 4
- Intense Sound & Deep Bass - Full-spectrum, top quality, powerful speakers and a built-in power bank - all in one! / Discover what fits you from our suite of cool colors
- Your music, non-stop - High-capacity 7500mAh rechargeable battery lasts up to 20hrs on a single charge / Dual USB charging port / Keep that party going all day long!
- Quality sound, wherever you go - Charge 4 is fully waterproof (IPX7) so live free from worry of rain or spills / Perfect design for pools or the beach - go ahead, dive in!
- Share the playlist - Wireless Bluetooth Streaming connects up to 2 devices (i.e; tablet and smartphone) and enjoy high-quality stereo sound
- Items delivered: 1x JBL Charge 4 portable wireless speaker in blue / Amplify your party with JBL Connect+ - connect more than 100 enabled devices / Power adaptor and charging cable included
Available in a huge range of colours, the JBL Charge 4 is a rugged and waterproof speaker (IPX7) with a high capacity 7500mAh battery that powers the unit for up to 20 hours and can also be used to charge a mobile phone using a dual USB charging port. This is an excellent feature when away from home at the beach for example and can prevent your phone from becoming totally drained. It can connect to two devices simultaneously and weighs just under 1kg. An innovative feature is JBL Connect+ which allows up to 100 different models of speaker to interconnect with each other. There is also an auxiliary input socket.
Unfortunately, this model has limited smart features and is not integrated with Alexa or other services. The absence of a speakerphone may be a deal breaker for some. The sound quality is crisp and clear with plenty of bass and volume and a 30W RMS output. Most users have commented on their satisfaction with the unit, especially commending the sound quality and battery life. JBL has a heritage of producing big sounding speakers and given its size this is no exception.
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about Best Computer Speakers under £100