In this blog, we will look at different types of retro and vintage radios and compare them with each other with price, functionality, and features. The price ranges from £39 to £180 but all are pretty good.
Roberts Revival RD70PC FM/DAB/DAB+ Digital Radio
- Easy Bluetooth streaming - it's easy to stream music from your smartphone to your RD70, which can act as a beautifully styled speaker.
- With built-in DAB+/DAB/FM radio and handy station presets you can access your favourite stations at the touch of a few buttons.
- Save up to 10 DAB and 10 FM stations you've discovered, which means you can come back to them whenever you'd like
- Style your Revival to your taste by customising the colour of your display. Choose from six display themes including Ruby, Pearl, and Sapphire
- Hit the snooze button - with 2 alarms, you can choose to wake up to buzzer, DAB or FM radio. There's also a sleep timer which allows you to choose a customised duration
The price for this comes at £179.51. With vintage 1950s style and a hand-crafted acoustically tuned oak cabinet, the Revival RD70 is the Revival reborn. You can now broadcast music from your smartphone to your radio as a stylish speaker thanks to Bluetooth. A new feature is an intuitive full-colour display that makes it easy to access the radio’s functions. Furthermore, the Revival RD70 includes two alarm clocks as well as sleep and snooze timers, allowing you to wake up and drift off to your favourite music.
Roberts Rambler BT Stereo Bluetooth DAB/DAB+/FM Radio
- Bluetooth connectivity for seamless streaming
- Digital and FM radio station in crystal clear quality
- Battery or mains powered
- Two alarms and sleep timer
- Bluetooth stereo sound
This radio is cheaper and comes at a price of £129. With the option of mains or battery power, as well as a fashionable carry handle to listen while out and about, you can get ready to have fun. Listen to a wide variety of DAB/DAB+/FM radio stations. Use the 20 station pre-sets to effortlessly skip stations at the touch of a button and save your favourites. The Rambler BT Stereo features Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to stream music from your phone or laptop. The simplicity this radio has is perfect to use.
Roberts Revival Uno Compact DAB/DAB+/FM Digital Radio with Alarm, Dove Grey
- This retro Fifties styled radio is more compact than the standard Revival so is perfect for smaller spaces. Listen to DAB/DAB+ and FM stations and save your favourite stations easily as presets
- With two alarms, you can choose to wake up to buzzer, DAB or FM radio. There's also a Sleep Timer which allows you to choose a customised duration
- What's more, you can set the brightness of the display in standby with the adjustable dimmer, so the light doesn't keep you awake.
- The auxiliary input socket means that you can play music from your smartphone/iPod or MP3 player, and the Revival Uno acts as a speaker for your music collection
- With the option of using batteries instead of mains, you can carry your radio around with you, both indoors and out.
The cost of this radio is £133.37. It has an excellent full-bodied sound for something only 19 cm x 12 cm x 9cm. It consists of 2 alarm settings. Your smartphone can be connected and can play music through Bluetooth. This radio would be fantastic for playlists and collections. A headphone jack is also included, which is useful. Due to the size, the portability is great so you can take it anywhere you want. The sound of the radio is much better as for the price.
Goodmans 1960’s Vintage Style Digital Radio
- DAB+ Digital & FM RDS Radio
- Iconic 60s styling with leather carrying handle
- AUX In, Headphone Socket
- Rotary Tuning and Volume controls
- Favourite station presets
This can come for around £76. All the vital information you’d expect from a modern Digital Radio is displayed on an easy-to-read, high-contrast LCD display. Modern features include DAB+ Digital Radio and FM radio, which allow you to listen to a broad variety of your favourite stations in crystal clear sound. It is a modern take on a traditional design that allows you to enjoy Digital radio in elegance. This is well worth the price and would be a great gift at Christmas.
Swan Green Retro Radio
- Digital dab & fm radio –comes with a wide range of pre-set dab and fm radio stations, and an auto/manual scan feature automatically saves them.
- LCD display with blue blacklight – the lcd display with blue blacklight makes for easy and convenient use, even in the dark. comes with a 24-hour auto-adjustable alarm clock with snooze function for those days where you just want that extra 10 minutes in bed.
- Headphone and aux jack –headphone jack gives you the option to listen with headphones to avoid disturbing others around you, and the aux cord means you can even connect your phone or mp3 player and use the radio as a speaker.
- Stylish retro design – the beautifully designed swan retro radio has a stylish vintage-inspired design with a soft touch leather finish in a beautiful soft green with a convenient carry handle, ideal for the style conscious homeowner.
- Battery or mains powered – this makes it ideal for use in the home, outside, at work, whilst camping, or even on the move. the battery power makes it easily portable and the mains power allows you to use it for long periods of time without disruption.
This radio comes at a price of £59.99. A large choice of pre-set dab and FM radio stations are included, and an auto/manual scan feature saves them automatically. There’s a headphone jack, so you may listen with headphones to avoid bothering others, and an aux cord means you can connect your phone or mp3 player to the radio and use it as a speaker. The classy vintage-inspired swan retro radio has a soft touch leather finish in a wonderful light green and a handy carry handle, making it ideal for the style-conscious householder. This would also be great as a gift to somebody who likes vintage items. This radio is easy to set up and has no distortion even when the music is turned up loud. This is also well worth the price.
Steeple tone Wood Brighton 1950’s Portable Retro Style Radio
- Portable MW, LW and FM Radio
- Rotary dial button for tone control, bass, treble, volume and on/off
- Easy to read dial scale with rotary tuning and push button band selection
- Built in ferrite antenna for MW and LW bands
- 3.5mm line in socket to connect ipod,iphone,ipad mp3 etc (lead and ipod not included)
This radio comes for a price of £54.42. It comes with a built-in ferrite antenna for the MW and LW bands, as well as an easy-to-read dial scale, rotary tuning, and push-button band selection. There is a rotary dial button for tone control, bass, treble, volume and on/off. This radio would look great anywhere, including a kitchen. It functions well and is loud enough.
Akai A60016 Bluetooth Wireless Radio
- Crystal clear 2 x 5 W PMPO stereo speakers
- Bluetooth streaming: Listen to any music, podcasts or audiobooks from your phone, tablet or other smart devices simply and wirelessly with easy-pairing Bluetooth functionality
- Features stereo headphone jack
- Save up to 20 station presets
- Comes with a manual and 3 years guarantee
This radio comes at a price of £39.99. The radio features two crystal clear 5W stereo speakers and delivers DAB+, PLL AM, and FM radio for a diverse listening experience. The volume can be simply adjusted with the rotary volume dial, and there are also Play, Pause, Stop, Next, and Previous options to ensure you don’t miss a beat. There’s even a stereo headphone port so you can listen to your favourite stations in full privacy. The radio can be powered by the mains or 4 AA batteries for optimum portability, and it comes in a variety of retro-inspired colours, so there’s something for everyone. This radio has decent quality for the price.
In conclusion, the best radio in my opinion is the Steeple tone radio as it is the best-looking vintage radio and is simple to use. It’s the type of radio you can keep anywhere and is a very good item to keep onto forever.